About the Blog

Educating fellow Jews about the sporting and defensive use of firearms. Especially Jews in North America, too many of whom are instilled with the belief that guns aren't for nice Jewish boys and girls.

If you know of notable Jewish shooters that should be documented on the blog, even if it is only at the local club level, I am happy to report and profile them. And don't be shy if that person to be documented is you! Please drop me a line at jewishmarksman at gmail dot com. Also follow me on twitter @JMarksmanship.

Monday, December 17, 2012

Antisemitic Gun Control Post on Gawker.com? More to Come?

In light of recent events, the "gun control" debate has resurfaced in the American consciousness.  And with it, the search for who to blame for recent tragedies.  To those who know Jewish world history, it would be surprising if some segments of society didn't blame the Jews.  Well, sure enough, I suspect some hate-filled people may be headed down that path.

As I have previously written about, there are a (perhaps surprising) number of Jews in the firearms industry.  I actually know of more than I've written about, but those folks have asked me to respect their privacy.  We certainly don't dominate the industry, but like all productive and respected social endeavors (like business, science, academia, law, medicine) Jewish participation is disproportionate to our numbers.  We are underrepresented in the welfare and prison populations.  Both good things.

So today on Gawker.com, editor Drew Magary wrote an attack piece against the CEO of a gun manufacturer, whose name happens to be Ron Cohen.  The piece is laced with profanity.  All of the Elders of Zion themes are in play, where Magary portrays Cohen as a shadowy, greedy character hiding behind Gentile front men.  The deceptive Cohen has deceived innocent gun owners into thinking they need guns, caring more about profit than human life.  One senses a theme that Cohen is a hook-nosed puppet master destroying good, honest, Christian society.  Magary writes [censored by me]:
And Ron Cohen—F**KHEADED A**HOLE RON COHEN WHOSE NAME SHOULD BE IN BRIGHT SHINY LIGHTS ABOVE TIMES SQUARE SO THAT EVERYONE KNOWS PRECISELY WHO MAKES THE GUNS THAT ARE USED TO KILL PEOPLE
Now, I am not the ADL--I don't cry antisemitism every time a Jew or Israel is criticized.  Read the piece and decide for yourself whether some of the ancient antisemitic themes haven't been put in play.  I think they are.

DISCLOSURE:  I have no idea whether Ron Cohen is Jewish, I never confirmed it.  But with a surname like Cohen, odds are he is Jewish.

No comments:

Post a Comment