About the Blog

Educating fellow Jews about the sporting and defensive use of firearms. Especially Jews in North America, too many of whom are instilled with the belief that guns aren't for nice Jewish boys and girls.

If you know of notable Jewish shooters that should be documented on the blog, even if it is only at the local club level, I am happy to report and profile them. And don't be shy if that person to be documented is you! Please drop me a line at jewishmarksman at gmail dot com. Also follow me on twitter @JMarksmanship.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Jewish Marksman's Summer 2012 Miscellaneous

Dear loyal readers!  I've been quite busy this summer so I apologize that posting has slowed somewhat.  I do have a few items on the agenda:

  • Can someone please send me a brief summary of the exploits of Jewish athletes at the Olympics?  Obviously I know about Aly Raisman, but that's it!  I do not think we have any Jewish shooters on any teams this year (except Israel of course), but let me know!
  • What about Camp Perry?  Every year we seem to discover new Jewish shooters there, please let me know!
  • I do have some interesting stories in the queue, I just need time to write them up.
  • I'm getting back into small bore prone.  I want to finish this year as Expert or Master.  I realize that if I ever want to make High Master in High Power, I really need to improve my prone game and small bore practice might be the ticket.
  • I'm moving from Service Rifle to Match Rifle, my Eliseo-stocked Remington 700 finally arrived from the gunsmith!  More on that later...
  • Now that we've reached over 100 likes on Facebook, I'm toying with the idea of making Jewish Marksmanship a more formal association, maybe print up some stickers for our butt stocks and gun cases?
  • I'm toying with the idea of a book about Jews in the shooting sports and the firearms culture generally...
  • We need to figure out a way to get the top Jewish shooters more exposure to the Jewish community...inspiring youth air rifle teams at every JCC!!

No comments:

Post a Comment