About the Blog

Educating fellow Jews about the sporting and defensive use of firearms. Especially Jews in North America, too many of whom are instilled with the belief that guns aren't for nice Jewish boys and girls.

If you know of notable Jewish shooters that should be documented on the blog, even if it is only at the local club level, I am happy to report and profile them. And don't be shy if that person to be documented is you! Please drop me a line at jewishmarksman at gmail dot com. Also follow me on twitter @JMarksmanship.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Israeli Mauser Watch: 08.23.12

Currently on Gunbroker.com another Israeli Mauser is up for sale (click for link).  This one seems to be a fine specimen of the Belgian-made Mauser with the IDF crest.  Again, my understanding is that these were made on contract for the IDF, post WWII.  They are definitely cool with the IDF crest, I own a stripped receiver like this that someday I will build out.  But they just don't have the same history and symbolism as a German captured rifle, in my opinion.

Bidding is at $385 with 6 days left at the time of this writing.  My guess is this one will go somewhere between $450 and $550.  

I have no relation to the auction, and as always, buyer beware!

8/25/2012 The current bid is now $782 on that rifle with a few days left of bidding.  A lot more than my estimate, and I don't think I've ever seen a Belgian go for that much...  Definitely one of the nicer-looking specimens.

8/31/12 Ummm...it sold for $1,225.00!?  Shows how much I know!  Perhaps I underestimate the value of matching serial #s on the bolt and receiver?

No comments:

Post a Comment