About the Blog

Educating fellow Jews about the sporting and defensive use of firearms. Especially Jews in North America, too many of whom are instilled with the belief that guns aren't for nice Jewish boys and girls.

If you know of notable Jewish shooters that should be documented on the blog, even if it is only at the local club level, I am happy to report and profile them. And don't be shy if that person to be documented is you! Please drop me a line at jewishmarksman at gmail dot com. Also follow me on twitter @JMarksmanship.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Israeli Mauser Watch 08.31.12

First, let me say I am still astonished that the last Israeli Mauser I posted about ended up selling for $1,225.00, double my estimate.  Long story short, don't put much stock in my estimates!

Today Gunbroker.com has 2 more listings.  The first only has an hour left of bidding, asking price of $399 for a Belgian with the IDF crest that to me looks a little beat up.  Personally I would not pay more than $300-$325.

9/23/12 Looks like it eventually sold for $329.

The second has an asking price of $499.  It is advertised as a Sauer & Sohn German receiver, and what I LOVE about is the photo revealing both a Star of David and a scratched out Nazi eagle still slightly visible.  A big middle finger to Hitler!  Sorry, notwithstanding the amazing price the other Belgian went for, I think the German captures with markings like this are more valuable, all else equal, and I think this one ought to go for $800 give or take.

9/13/12 Sold for $451 after being re-listed.  Again I'm quite surprised but mazal tov to the buyer!

It seems to me that this seller left his auctions open for only a very short time, and re-listed several times.  I don't understand that strategy, as opposed to say leaving the listing open for a week or 10 days.

Again I have no connection to the auction and as always, buyer beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment