About the Blog

Educating fellow Jews about the sporting and defensive use of firearms. Especially Jews in North America, too many of whom are instilled with the belief that guns aren't for nice Jewish boys and girls.

If you know of notable Jewish shooters that should be documented on the blog, even if it is only at the local club level, I am happy to report and profile them. And don't be shy if that person to be documented is you! Please drop me a line at jewishmarksman at gmail dot com. Also follow me on twitter @JMarksmanship.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Another Israeli Mauser

Today on gunbroker.com someone has listed another Israeli Mauser.  This is the first time I have seen one with the Mauser logo on the receiver, as typically there are only factory stamps which allow one to (sometimes) date the receiver.  In the 6th picture there appears to be a Star of David stamped on the receiver but it is hard to tell...I would ask the seller for better pictures of all the stamps.  I doubt the sling is original, probably a reproduction as it looks too nice.  I also notice that the stock does not have 7.62 engraved in the underside.  Not a bad looking rifle, but as always, buyer beware!

Update 8/25/12: Sold for $326, a fair price.

No comments:

Post a Comment