About the Blog

Educating fellow Jews about the sporting and defensive use of firearms. Especially Jews in North America, too many of whom are instilled with the belief that guns aren't for nice Jewish boys and girls.

If you know of notable Jewish shooters that should be documented on the blog, even if it is only at the local club level, I am happy to report and profile them. And don't be shy if that person to be documented is you! Please drop me a line at jewishmarksman at gmail dot com. Also follow me on twitter @JMarksmanship.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Israeli Mauser Watch 2/13/13

For sale now on Gunbroker are two German captured Israeli Mausers.

The first one is a 1945 dou, which has cool markings, including what looks like 2 Stars of David.  Unfortunately, it has some kind of import stamp not just on the barrel, but also on the receiver.  Some people might like that stamp, some not (I'm not sure why the importer stamped the receiver...my understanding is that only the barrel needs to be stamped...).  The bidding starts at $350...with a shot-out barrel I don't see it fetching much more than that.

The second one is very old, 1918.  It has some rare German markings, but no visible Hebrew on the receiver, but some Hebrew on the barrel band.  Personally, no Star of David is a deal breaker for me, but bidding is already at $500, and due to the age, condition and markings it wouldn't surprise me if it goes for $800-$1200.  Just think, in 5 years that rifle (well the receiver at least) will be 100 years old, and is probably still very capable.

As always, buyer beware!

UPDATE: I waited too long to followup, sale price no longer published...

No comments:

Post a Comment