About the Blog

Educating fellow Jews about the sporting and defensive use of firearms. Especially Jews in North America, too many of whom are instilled with the belief that guns aren't for nice Jewish boys and girls.

If you know of notable Jewish shooters that should be documented on the blog, even if it is only at the local club level, I am happy to report and profile them. And don't be shy if that person to be documented is you! Please drop me a line at jewishmarksman at gmail dot com. Also follow me on twitter @JMarksmanship.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Robert J. Avrech - Emmy Winner and Proud Jewish Marksman

Robert Avrech is a screenwriter (Body Double, A Stranger Among Us, The Devil's Arithmetic) and describes himself on his blog, seraphicpress.com as follows:
I'm an Emmy Award winning screenwriter. I'm also an observant Jew, a religious Zionist, a conservative Republican, and a member of the NRA. I've been writing and producing in Hollywood for over twenty-five years. But the focus of my life is my family: my radiant wife, Karen—with whom I have been in love with since I was nine years-old—and my two daughters, who, thankfully, look like Karen. Not too long ago, we had three children. But our son, Ariel, died at the age of twenty-two from cancer. We miss him terribly. We think about him practically every minute of every day. People tell us that time heals, but Karen and I know this is not true. Time grinds away doing its terrible work. Ariel is gone. Yet absence becomes presence.
He blogs on a variety of topics, most of them unrelated to guns in any way.  But a few excellent postings that every Jew and gun owner should read:

Jew without a Gun http://www.seraphicpress.com/jew-without-a-gun/
Girls with Guns http://www.seraphicpress.com/girls-with-guns/
Philistine Gun Control and Jews http://www.seraphicpress.com/gun-control-the-philistines-and-the-jews/

Definitely a blog worth following!  The first essay "Jew without a Gun" above is an excellent story that explains, in part, what brought him into the fold of gun ownership.

No comments:

Post a Comment