About the Blog

Educating fellow Jews about the sporting and defensive use of firearms. Especially Jews in North America, too many of whom are instilled with the belief that guns aren't for nice Jewish boys and girls.

If you know of notable Jewish shooters that should be documented on the blog, even if it is only at the local club level, I am happy to report and profile them. And don't be shy if that person to be documented is you! Please drop me a line at jewishmarksman at gmail dot com. Also follow me on twitter @JMarksmanship.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Jewish Marksman Moves up in Classification!

Last weekend I shot a Master level score in High Power Rifle, 95%. It was a on a 100 yard reduced course, but nonetheless a good showing. I've been shooting Expert class scores, but the club sometimes doesn't get the scores into the NRA. But this score made it in, and moved me from Marksman to Sharpshooter. If my math is right I should get my Expert card next month if I shoot an Expert score (or better). Master by the end of 2011 might be a realistic goal! My second goal for 2011 will be to get to some real "across the course" matches which the 100 yard matches simulate. I've been swimming in the shallow end, as the real show is at 200, 300 and 600 yard stages. Considering I know absolutely nothing about reading or accommodating for wind, those should be a lot of fun! To read more about my journey up the NRA classifications, click here.

3 comments:

  1. great work! I recently made sharpshooter and shot expert in the recent standard outdoor pistol. Not many Jewish friends and family I can share this with that appreciate the work that goes into this. Great work!
    Shabbat Shalom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim, send me a picture and brief summary if you like (your background, how long you've been at it, which pistols you use, what club you shoot at, etc), I am happy to put an announcement on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JM, good for you! I bet you’ll make Master in no time.

    ReplyDelete