About the Blog

Educating fellow Jews about the sporting and defensive use of firearms. Especially Jews in North America, too many of whom are instilled with the belief that guns aren't for nice Jewish boys and girls.

If you know of notable Jewish shooters that should be documented on the blog, even if it is only at the local club level, I am happy to report and profile them. And don't be shy if that person to be documented is you! Please drop me a line at jewishmarksman at gmail dot com. Also follow me on twitter @JMarksmanship.

Friday, May 28, 2010

2010 ISSF World Cup Results: Womens 50m 3P

Great shooting by three Israelis today:

27th Place-Ella Sternberg: 576- 23x
38th Place-Yael Kan-Dagan: 572- 22x
56th Place-Anat Tzur: 563- 15x

I believe tomorrow is the last event, Men's Prone, with three Israelis competing.

Mazal Tov!

I don't know how observant of the Sabbath the Israeli team members are (and possibly Jews from other countries competing?), but I'd be interested in my readers' opinions on whether competing, or shooting in general is allowed on Shabbat. I don't think the athletes are professionals, so technically it is not work. An air rifle uses no gunpowder, but tomorrow's event is .22LR (gunpowder)....is causing the gunpowder inside the cartridge to fire a no-no on Shabbat?

Personally, I view precision shooting as the kind of relaxing leisure that Shabbat was intended for.

No comments:

Post a Comment