About the Blog

Educating fellow Jews about the sporting and defensive use of firearms. Especially Jews in North America, too many of whom are instilled with the belief that guns aren't for nice Jewish boys and girls.

If you know of notable Jewish shooters that should be documented on the blog, even if it is only at the local club level, I am happy to report and profile them. And don't be shy if that person to be documented is you! Please drop me a line at jewishmarksman at gmail dot com. Also follow me on twitter @JMarksmanship.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Catching up with the Jewish Marksman

I apologize that the pace of posting has slowed of late, I have been busy with work and trying to do get some reloading done so I'm not rushing to load before matches. But fear not, I have a queue of Jewish Marksmen to profile soon! I also have a new rifle to tell you about and will review it soon...

Otherwise I have finally begun to make some progress in my sitting position scores, which had slumped below 95% recently. I made some tweaks and basically through trial and error discovered a few nuances in the position I had not noticed before, and today shot a 97%. Specifically, I had sometimes found myself muscling the rifle up to raise the muzzle when needed, but I realized that the same result could be achieved by leaning back and sorting of "hanging" from the sling. I thought perhaps that this position would not settle from recoil well, but the opposite turned out to be true. I have also smoothed out my magazine changes, carefully keeping the rifle in my shoulder and then releasing the bolt as I settle back down in position. I still have a hard time judging time though, and this tendency to rush is hurting my score, as I'll have a bunch of tens and then a couple of rushed eights where I shot before settled after recoil. I am going to start integrating a timer into my practice sessions.


No comments:

Post a Comment